Wednesday, April 8, 2009

grey gardens




HBO's latest feature-film Grey Gardens is set to release next week and it has been getting a lot hype lately, mostly among the fashion community. The original Grey Gardens is a 1975 documentary about the extraordinary lives of Big and Little Eddie Bouvier Beale, a reclusive mother and daughter who were relatives of former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. In the new rendition, Jessica Lange plays Big Eddie while Drew Barrymore plays Little Eddie, who eventually became a cult fashion icon and known for her turban dressing in her later years. I have yet to see the original documentary by the Maysles brothers (I know... it's next in line on my Netflix list!!), so I don't know what to expect, but judging from the fabulous costumes in this promo (designed by costume designer Catherine Thomas) and all that 1930's glamor, it looks like I'm gonna be loving the film.

No comments: