Tuesday, June 30, 2009

transformers

Call me bored (and no, I do NOT have too much time on my hands, like most people I need more than 24 hours a day!), but I have been spending some time digging through old and/or forgotten junkies and trinkets, and see if I could reincarnate any of them into something that I'll wear and love all over again. Since I'm still hungover from my chain craze and have been on a hunt for statement necklaces, I've decided to blend the two together and make some accessories. Plus there's not a better moment to reuse old stuff than right now - so let's bring out some DIY spirit!

fringe
Reincarnation #1: fringe brooch (was a free gift with purchase) that I hardly used because it was too complicated to put on -- now transformed into a hassle-free necklace.

marni
Reincarnation #2: Marni keychain (birthday gift) that was a little too long as a bag charm -- add a same shade suede strap and voila! a "custom" Marni jewelry piece.

Picnik collage
Reincarnation #3: vintage men's bow tie that could be too costumey when clipped on --
but looks playful and cute as a bow necklace.

3 comments:

The Frontier said...

very cute blog *-*

mikomiao said...

very cute! i particularly love the way the fringe one turned out. I've also been working on repurposing a few old things... :-)

InnyVinny said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuuute!!! I love the reworking.