Wednesday, August 19, 2009

take it up a knot


IMG_1268copy

Piping hot September issues are rolling out every week, featuring upcoming fall trends and covetable new items. But with the temperature being a muggy 90 degrees every day this week, my body's been struggling to keep that tank top on, and not quite registered to the thought of being covered in long sleeves and leather and all. Plus weather aspect aside, budget's gonna be my other concern for fall shopping. So in an attempt to be cheap and chic this fall, I'm going to play "shopping in my own closet" for the next few weeks.

collage

Today, I took my beige polka dot strappy dress that I bought from Japan years ago (those days when I hadn't realized polyester summer dresses equal heat trap), and decided to give it a little twist, literally. Simply feeling bored of its plain A-lined silhouette, I belted it up to give it some volume and twisted a little knot on one side for an asymmetrical hem and a slight ruching effect. The end result restored my fading love for this dress and coincided with a mini fall trend - single leg exposure (versus the mega trend of one shoulder exposure), as seen here on the runways of Balenciaga and Vivienne Westwood. One more plus side: I can already start wearing it in this Indian summer weather.



Runway images via style.com

No comments: