Sunday, September 27, 2009

what is old is new again

polaroidcollage

This past Saturday I joined my foodie partners in crime (aka sis and bro-in-law) and went to Le Fooding d'Amour Paris New York at P.S.1 Contemporary Arts Center for a special night of food and booze. Acclaimed chefs from Paris joined forces with equally celebrated chefs in New York to cook up six different dishes, accompanied with Veuve Cliquot bubbly + special cocktails and finishing off with the Greene Ice Cream's Bourbon Vanilla and Salted Caramel Pretzel ice cream. Food was great, not spectacular, but the atmosphere was fun and I've always liked hanging out at the P.S. 1 lawn anyway. The last time I was in the neighborhood was a year ago, when I brought my good friend from home to check out the Warm Up party and the nearby Five Points graffiti buildings. We snapped a bunch of Polaroids in front of the graffiti then, and seeing it again this weekend made me a little nostalgic. So I dug up some old Polaroids that I've taken throughout the year to share a short trip down the memory lane with me.

Clockwise from top left: 3 little pigs in front of Destination store (which is no longer here) in Meatpacking; Bryant Park; Five Points graffiti; last year's winning project for P.S.1's Warm Up; fall leaves at Stone Barns; crystal mirror door at the Swarovski store

No comments: