Monday, June 15, 2009

soft rock




I don't wear a lot of crochet.
Perhaps because I've never really given it a chance. I've always had this preconception that crochet = soft and girly, which is not exactly part of my wardrobe vocabulary. But lately there's been a quiet "revolution" in the world of crochet accessories, where designers are reinterpreting the softness often associated with this technique and mixing it with metal materials to create an edgier, tougher look. It's sort of like a boy-meets-girl effect. Here are some cool ones that I came across (and the best part is they're all under $100!), any other good suggestions for the summer?


Clockwise from top left: langoliers breastplate necklace from Oak; Dreamers by Daydream Nation crochet chain necklace from Urban Outfitters; galit hand crochet ring in oxidized sterling silver from etsy; A.S.I.S. second chance chain necklace

No comments: