Tuesday, November 10, 2009

flapper frenzy

IMG_2698
IMG_2696

As mentioned in my last entry, I had a double Halloween celebration this year... the night before my Carmen Miranda transformation, my friends and I attended the Dreamland Orchestra's Masquerade ball at the enchanting Green Building. Flappers and Gastby-esque ladies flooded the dance floor as expected, but there were a couple of Halloween surprises like Dorothy and Scarecrow. I, too, went with the traditional flapper outfit and Charleston-ed through the night. Here's me and my buddy Jessica dancing to Michael Arenella's music. He never fails to entertain!

*Wearing a vintage fringe dress from eBay, vintage bag from my mother, lace-up booties by Dolce Vita, reconstructed feather handband

3 comments:

Idée Géniale said...

You look fantastic as a flapper! great dress!

C A said...

It's first time here and I love oyur blog, your posts are way interesting! I'm now following you with rss feed, come and follow my blog fashionista, you'll love it too ;)

"A woman's not going to buy a little skirt for a lot of money if it's not for seduction. What else are clothes made for?" - Azzedine Alaïa

@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

mikomiao said...

love that flapper outfit. i hope you find other fun occasions at home to enjoy. if not you know you always have a place here with me! ;-)