Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 (with an exclamation point)

IMG_0794

Happy New Year! We have officially stepped into the next decade! Before I start from the zero in 2010, I celebrated the last night of 2009 with my loved ones - had a sinfully scrumptious dinner at home with my lovely family, exchanged x'mas presents (finally!), clinked champagne glasses countless number of times, and then danced the night away in the accompaniment of my friends. My Boxing Day might have come later this year, but considering all the wonderful gifts I received, it was worth the wait.

IMG_0787
colette_malouf

Here I'm wearing a gold mesh and crystal bib necklace by Colette Malouf from my sister which I absolutely loveeeeeeee (thanks sis! you know me best really). I am a little embarrassed that I hadn't known about this accessory designer prior to this, but now that I do there goes another window shopping website for me. I love the organic aesthetic of her pieces, kinda like an edgy elegance style. The "styles" section of her website provides some useful how-to tips with illustrations for wearing different hair accessories, so definitely worth checking out.

IMG_0742
IMG_0714

I was pretty satisfied with my own gift-giving this year as well: I got my dad some Happy Socks, my stylish mom a pair of AE gloves and Shu Uemura x Tsumori Chisato fake eyelashes, my brother a coffee cup-shaped car inverter, my sister a make up pouch and lipstick also from the Shu Uemura x Tsumori Chisato limited edition, and for my brother-in-law I gave him a Paul Smith pocketsquare. I think all of us stepped into the new year feeling merry, typsy, and full of love. And to put a sweet end to the crazy year of 2009, we enjoyed some Marni pour Laduree macaroons (beautifully packaged in this gold box) that my friend bought for me in Tokyo.

IMG_0700
snatched my brother's party mask for a Mask of Zorro look
*wearing a jumpsuit by Amarcord, vintage velour jacket by Amarcord Vintage, belt by Patrizia Pepe, necklace by Style Hurricane, and butterfly mask bought in Vietnam

IMG_0713

Here's to a new year of happiness, good health, love, and style!
(and to my superb parents who are in the background here)


Collete Malouf images via colletemalouf.com

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thank you so much for your well wishes! :)

I LOVE the necklace that you are wearing....it is amazing, and such a focal point of your outfit!

The Fancy Lady said...

oh your so lucky ive been craving macarons from laduree lately and i love that box they came in