Monday, January 11, 2010

baby, it's cold outside

image2
image1
IMG_1094

I have a love-hate relationship with winter.
On one hand I love the boots and scarves and hidden waistline under bulky fabrics (especially after the holiday feasting) and all the possibilities of layering; but on an ugly winter's day, all I want to do is put on an over-sized college sweatshirt and bundle up like a silk cocoon. I should be thankful that winters in Hong Kong aren't nearly as harsh as in New York or even Tokyo, but no matter what it always feels nice to have something warm and fuzzy to beat the cold, especially if it happens to be something slightly more stylish than a beat-up sweatshirt. So I have my supercalifragilisticexpialidocious angora scarf from Joseph to keep me cozy - it's super chunky, extra long, and ultra soft, which makes it good for wrapping around the head, draping on the shoulder, or better yet, resting on it like a fluffy cushion. I don't wear it as often as I'd like, since I'm scared to dirty the white, but whenever I wear it I'd like to think I'm invincible to the cold... ha!


*wearing scarf by Joseph, jacket by Hysteric Glamour, pants by initial, and boots by RAS

No comments: