Thursday, January 7, 2010

my son his son her son

IMG_0572

IMG_0536

Ah... the coldness attack in Hong Kong today made me miss the warm weather in Vietnam just a lil' bit, especially that day when we went sightseeing at My Son (pronounced like "me sorn", or something similar). It felt almost like 80 degrees under the scorching sun when I actually decided to wear leggings the one day of the trip... not a smart choice. Anyhow, My Son is a complex of ruined temples constructed between the 4th and 14th century A.D., situated about an hour away from Hoi An. It is listed as one of UNESCO's World Heritage sites today. I can't imagine it would be nearly as impressive as Angkor Wat, but it's worth a trip if you're traveling to the central region of Vietnam. Might even feel the spiritual powers of the ancient temple gods.... hmnn.....

No comments: