Wednesday, May 27, 2009

swede sweet style



It has been a fun-filled week for me... truly taking advantage of the city in this part-spring-part-summer weather. Last night A Camp kicked off their summer U.S. tour at the Bowery Ballroom, and of course I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Niklas Frisk's guitar skills were brilliant, and Nina Persson, the ever-so-lovely Swedish songstress, delivered a mesmerizing show. A true performer, Nina's dreamy vocals captured the hearts of her fans and had us calling for two encores. Though somehow many of them happened to be 6-foot-tall male fans who kept shoveling me and blocking half of my front view. So while I got to appreciate Nina's chic black jumpsuit adorned with a feather headpiece, I didn't get a full view of her show outfit. Fortunately Refinery 29 shares my luv for her retro-inspired style, and showed pictures of last night's performance as well as other ones from their previous Euro-tour (clearly she has a thing for feathers). Luuuurrve her polka dot stockings + mary jane heels combo!
Here's a little feature that Refinery 29 interviewed Nina about her take on personal style.


Image: Refinery 29

1 comment:

A "cheery" disposition said...

love those stocking and shoes.