Monday, September 13, 2010

next in line: oh my prints!





It's no surprise that I'm a huge prints lover/ wearer. I can't even remember how many posts I've written on Liberty florals and leopard prints and tribal patterns. I think this fixation on prints also explains my love for such brands as Dries van Noten, Marni, 70s YSL... and since a few seasons ago I have also added NYC-based-Kenya-produced Suno to the list. Have fallen in love with its African prints and smart layering since its first debut, but am scared that the freshness of these vibrant prints would die off quickly, so I'm really happy to see that its SS11 collection has proven there are still endless possibilities to utilize these beautiful kangas. Jumpsuits, tea dresses, silk blouses, high-waist pants, blazers, and swimwear(!), there's something for everyone. And even if prints aren't your come of tea, that laser-cut white dress will have you gasping "omg" and it's an easy, breezy addition to your summer must-haves. The most brilliant part about Suno's clothes is that somehow everything just seems to work in harmony - there's no better example of print-on-print mixing. No wonder it's already got such loyal celebrity following. Oh and those SHOES! The oh-so-adorable laced wedges and printed sandals are a collaboration with Loeffler Randall, and yep, they'll be available next spring online and at Opening Ceremony. But till then, I'm going to mix and match my own patterns to make this summer vacation vibe last just a lil' longer.


images via style.com and Frieda and Nellie

No comments: